1. He knows what he wants: His hands moved from my waist and up to my arms. “I want you, sweet Mari. But only if you want to. If we’re going to do . . . whatever this is, I want you on board. Completely.”
2. He knows how to apologize: “Oh, um,” he said, flustered. “I should leave you to your dinner. I’m sorry to have bothered you. I’m . . . so sorry. Again.”
3. He REALLY knows how to apologize: Fin texted back immediately.
I should. I’m sorry. So sorry. I’ll be gone soon and you’ll never have to see me again.
4. He knows the value of honesty: “Were you trying to sneak out?” He let go of me and took a step back. I crossed the robe over my front. Compared to him, I was pretty much naked. He had a t-shirt and jeans on with his well-worn boots. Of course he made the simple outfit look amazing.
“No. I was . . . I don’t know what I was. I saw you asleep and you looked so peaceful that I didn’t want to disturb you, and I was also second-guessing the intelligence of actually coming here. You didn’t answer my text.”
5. Those EYES: His eyes were that dark color again, clouded by desire. This was why I wasn’t done with him. Because he looked at me like no one else ever had. I just wanted him to look at me like that forever.
6. He respects boundaries: “I know. I left you because I looked at you and realized that I couldn’t be that way with you. You were humoring me, and I was pushing you to do something you didn’t want. That was wrong. I would never want to force you into anything.”
7. But if you tell him what you want: “Fine. But you asked for it.”
Yes. I did.
8. He's scared of getting hurt: “But if I let you in and showed you everything, you’d leave. And then I’d be left with a bleeding heart and no way to recover. I’ve seen what broken hearts can do to people. There’s almost nothing worse, because there’s no cure.”
9. But he's willing to give it a shot: “So where does that leave us?” And why did I have to be the one to say it?
“It leaves us . . . I don’t know, Marisol. This is completely new territory for me. But I definitely want to see you again.”
10. He loves to read: “So,” I said, but my voice came out wrong. I cleared my throat. “So, do you read a lot?”
“I spend a lot of time traveling and flying and I have trouble sleeping most nights, so I guess you could say yes.”
Tour Blog Hosted by